Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020

 Last day of the year 2020...what can I say? My husband,Ken, and I are fortunate to be retired and have not been too affected by the pandemic. We are very grateful that our family are all good. Many have not been so fortunate. I hope 2021 brings healing both physically and emotionally to many.

Trying the 31 Day Blog challenge has been a challenge. I learned that I don't want to post everyday and am still trying to find a more regular schedule for me to do so. We'll see what happens. Here are a few things I've worked on since December 20- my last post:

We got snow and it made everything so pretty!

I came across a tutorial on Pinterest for this little mouse- she sits on my sewing machine.
Made a couple of scrappy potholders for a friend.
Completed 2 snowman pillows- yea UFO's done!
We are having appetizers and Prosecco for our meal tonight- it has become a tradition. We rarely go out on NYE- just like to stay home, eat some fun foods and watch something on the TV. I am trying something new in the foods- my Great-grandmother Pilar Alonso LeCointe's cheese empanadas. I have never made them before so wish me luck. Here are some pics:
This is the recipe- I actually have 2 and they differ a bit so I am winging it


This is a pic of the dough and the filling prepared- that cube above the dough is lard- I am following the exact recipe and can probably make changes if I see fit after we eat them. This is NOT starting any weight loss diet-hahahahahaha!


These are a couple of pics of Pilar:



1 comment:

Debbie said...

We usually have our grandgirls over for a sleepover on NYE since it is their parents' anniversary, so that was sad not to be able to do that this year. So we did what you did - fun food & TV at home. ;-)
Looking forward to hearing how your recipe turned out. ;-)

December 2023

The winter quilt goes up in the entry- snowmen can stay up all winter- not just during the Xmas season Memory pillow and small purse made wi...